LISTEN TO OUR PODCAST
It was a true honor to have Chris Hadfield on our podcast. As a family, we had watched in awe his many Youtube videos on his adventures in space, and were captivated by the viral Space Oddity music video that he shot from the Space Station. In addition to being a talented musician, Chris is also the first Canadian astronaut to fly in space. He has flown three space shuttle missions and served as commander of the International Space Station. He is also a New York Times bestselling author, YouTube sensation and an engaging speaker. I am sure all you Big Dreamers will LOVE listening to this episode.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How Chris spent half a year in space and how he communicated with his family.
- What inspired Chris to want to be an astronaut.
- What Chris studied in school and how it helped him prepare for his time in space.
- The years of dedication and studying that it took to become an astronaut. It is not easy!
- How long it takes to get to the space station.
- Why bread or anything with crumbs is not part of an astronaut’s diet in space.
- The most challenging aspects of living in the space station.
- How there’s no way to turn on and off gravity in the space ship.
- His plans in the future for his astronaut career.
- What his big dream is and how important it is to celebrate the little dreams as well.
- How it’s okay to doubt yourself, but also learn how to do something about it.
- Chris Hadfield’s Twitter
- Chris Hadfield’s YouTube
- Chris Hadfield’s Facebook
- Chris Hadfield’s Website
- Chris Hadfield’s Books
In this episode, Chris shared that when he was growing up as a young boy in Canada, there was no Canadian astronaut program and it was considered “impossible” for him to get to space. But he didn’t let that discourage him, and he continued to pursue his dream of being an astronaut. As you heard in the interview, the rest is history! We believe this Carl Sagan quote is a good reminder of the importance of imagination, and to never let anyone tell you that your dream is impossible.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. — Carl Sagan
We created this inspirational artwork featuring Sagan’s quote, which you can print out and use as a reminder to DREAM BIG. As always, our Dream Big Podcast downloads can be customized with your face and name, and it is 100% free to download. Click here to claim you free download.
If this coming week, you print out the sheet and tape the quote somewhere you can see it, please let Olga know by emailing her at Olga@DreamBigPodcast.com. You will be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon Gift card. Winners are selected monthly and contacted by email (as well as announced on our show!).
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING — SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A HONEST REVIEW. GET FREE PERSONALIZED STICKERS!
To get Dream Big episodes sent directly to your device as they are published, you can subscribe:
If you received value from our podcast, we would greatly appreciate if you could take a minute to leave us a review on iTunes review on iTunes here. This helps us get more exposure for the podcast and in turn allows us to inspire more people to dream big. We read each and every review and are so grateful to our listeners who have taken the time to write us one. For a limited time only, as a way to say thank you for taking the time to leave an honest review, we will mail you 48 free personalized stickers! Follow the instructions at DreamBigPodcast.com/bonus to get your free stickers!
Thanks again for all of your amazing support.